You Can Help With Mining Reform Legislation
Did you know that US mining law was written in 1872 and has not been updated to include modern environmental protections? Read in-depth background and information of why reform of this antiquated law is urgently needed.
Sign up for our mailing list for future updates and email action alerts. There may be key times, like before a floor vote in Congress, that we will ask you to contact your elected officials.
Spread the word to your colleagues and friends.
• Use the information on our website site to become more informed about the social and environmental problems associated with mining and what is being accomplished in other sectors.
• Make a tax-deductible donation to help Ethical Metalsmiths continue working toward connecting people with responsibly sourced materials.
• Add your voice to the community of jewelers and metalsmiths who care about responsibly sourced materials.
• Tell your colleagues, customers and students about your interest in having ethical choices for materials, and let them know about this website.
• Let your current suppliers know that you are very interested in purchasing responsibly-sourced materials when they become available.
• We welcome your input. Contact us with your questions, opinions and ideas. Let us know how we can improve this website.
• Sign the No Dirty Gold Pledge